Ervaxx is pioneering the use of Dark Antigens™ to deliver TCR-based T cell therapies and targeted off-the-shelf cancer vaccines for treating and preventing cancer. Ervaxx Dark Antigens derive from vast untapped expanses of genetic ‘dark matter’ beyond the normal coding regions of the genome. Ervaxx has identified Dark Antigens that map to multiple solid tumor types and generate robust, antigen-specific T-cell responses.
Ervaxx was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic Ervaxx team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Applications are invited for a Bioinformatics Scientist at Ervaxx This is an exciting opportunity to join a research programme that aims to support efforts to acquire and interrogate immunopeptidomic data from primary human tissue in order to discover, validate and quantify novel cancer-specific (neo) antigens. You will oversee the processing and analysis the genomic pipeline used to identify cancer-specific transcripts. You will be responsible for the analysis of genomics and transcriptomic data using existing software packages and through the development of novel algorithms. You will also be responsible for integrating data output for further analysis.
You will have a PhD in bioinformatics or a related subject and have an interest in the developing field of immuno-oncology. You will also have a working knowledge of genomics methods and the ability to work with NGS data in a HTC environment.
- Maintenance and development of a genomics pipeline with the AWS environment
- Analysis of genomic and transcriptomic data
- Database development and management
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- PhD in bioinformatics or a related subject and an interest in the developing field of immune-oncology
- Working knowledge of genomics methods and the ability to work with NGS data in a HTC environment
- Experience of software development in a life sciences commercial/academic environment
- Knowledge of R and/or Python scripting languages
- Experience with version control systems e.g. Bitbucket
- Practical knowledge of workflow management e.g. Snakemake, Nextflow
- Experience of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Knowledge of Database Development/Management
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Ervaxx Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
N.B. No free parking facilities are currently available on either the Oxford or London sites